Monday, January 29, 2007

Air Travel in India

Air travel in India was a good experience till last year when I travelled Jet and Sahara. With new year's start I travelled with Paramount, Sahara, SpiceJet, GoAir and IndiGo.

Well my review regarding domestic Air Travel especially with -
SpiceJet
GoAir and
IndiGo
is a nightmare.

My advice to people travelling especially with IndiGo is to go 1hour late as all their flights are always 1hrs late. We always talk about Deccan being late and not being on time. But these other no frill airlines have crossed the limit.

First the boarding call is delayed by 15-30mins and then you board the plane.
After boarding the plane, one keeps sitting inside for 30-40mins for god knows what passengers.

So overall - Indian no frill airlines I give a thumbs down.
I only travel through them because I have no other option.

Travelling through no frill airlines is a painful experience, especially if you are one of those very few punctual flyers. Who reach airport on time and check in on time.

Moral of the story: If these airlines cannot get a person from Point A to Point B on time these airlines are useless. They don't solve the purpose of travelling.

2 comments:

Sigma said...

Uh oh!
Airlines, airports ... everywhere there is chaos!!

The thinking thinker said...

Yep... tell me about it!!!
It seems more like a bus stand and the bus won't move until all the seats are full...