Thursday, May 18, 2006

Piyush Midha

I entered the office in the morning and as I signed on to yahoo.
My long time school friend typed Hi and I replied casually to it as always.

Little did I knew that he was about to give me a sad news. The news, that one of our colleagues Piyush Midha expired. Last I spoke to Piyush was few months back and he said he was recovering well and was hopeful and enthusiastic, nowhere I could sense that this would happen so soon and at such a young age.

He was a good friend during school. I still remember copying maths homework in the morning from him. As he used to always finish his work on time. The laugh and jokes we used to have on the last benches with Satija pitching in with his wisecracks.

Well, suddenly all those memories came back rushing and I froze in my seat for a while unable to reply back to my friend on yahoo. I thought why did this happen and he was recovering; this can't be true. Slowly the mails started pouring in on yahoo groups and it further confirmed that indeed this has happened.

Piyush was a very nice guy and good friend although we lost touch after school; but occasioanly we chatted or exchanged emails. He put up a brave fight against cancer.

This was a very sad and shocking news.

May his soul rest in peace.
He may not be with us any longer, but the memories and good times we shared will keep his memories alive in our hearts.

3 comments:

ambrosia said...

I am sorry. Your piece of writing is a wonderful tribute to a friend. Thanks for sharing.

Azahar Machwe said...

One must take everything in a positive sense. Even death.
Maybe such things happen because God wants to make us aware of the fact that we are finite.
Thus we should spend our short lives spreading happiness and helping those in need.
Otherwise we usually end up spending our lives running after our wants which don't really matter in the long run and trying to out do our associates in a never ending game of oneupmanship.


As they say 'Death is a good fellow, for he always keeps an open house'

Meera said...

I'm sorry about your friend. I hope you are feeling better now.